It’s that time again – time to get gorgeous!
London based make up artist Tabby Casto regularly stops by dresx.com to share her top bridal make up tutorials to help you achieve Hollywood/catwalk worthy looks for your big day.
Did you catch her natural wedding make up tutorial on creating a gorgeous glow?
It’s a must read for brides who prefer a ‘less is more’ approach to bridal make up.
Or how about her Megan Fox make up tutorial? (Which is quite possibly my favourite make up look EVER.)
Today, Tabby shares a chic make up look that’s perfect for brides planning winter weddings!
1) Mac Bare Canvas Paint // 2) Illamasqua Phenomena Liquid Metal // 3) Lord & Berry Eye Kohl // 4) Mac False Lash Waterproof Mascara // 5) Benefit Eye Bright // 6) Nars Sheer Matte Foundation // 7) Mac 263 Angled Brush // 8) Mac Russian Red Matte Lipstick // 9) Nars Dragon Girl Lipstick
How To Get The Look
1. For this gorgeous wintery look you are going to need a few good brushes and primers. To start off cleanse and moisturise your skin as normal, then go straight to the eye makeup! Prep your eyelids with a really strong matte base (1) Mac Bare Canvas Paint would be perfect as it’s got an acrylic ingredient that holds onto makeup.
2. Once primer is applied to the lid using a flat eyeshadow brush (Mac 239 is great) apply Illamasqua Phenomena Liquid Metal (2) to the main eyelid (not taking it past the crease of the eye). This is REALLY pigmented and strong product. You won’t need much of it to get the desired effect which is much softer and blown own but still glossy. Blend the colour up into the crease of the eye to diffused finish with a fluffy brush such as Mac 217.
(Tip : In this photo there is a glossy finish to the eyeshadow – however gloss moves – you will need to touch up before your wedding photos. For an alternative look that stays place all day use a silver eyeshadow in place of gloss such as Mac Silver Ring and add a champagne highlighter to the centre of the eye to give the more shiny effect.)
3. Liner the upper lash line with a black kohl pencil like Lord & Berry’s Kohl (3) and line the lower inner lash line with Benefit Eye Bright (5) Coat top and bottom lashes with a swipe of Mac False Lash Waterproof Mascara (4) ideal for Weddings as it doesn’t budge!
4. Apply primer and your matte foundation of choice. Nars Sheer Matte Foundation (5) would be great for this! Add concealer to the under eyes and on any blemishes and set with a translucent powder. Add a little bronzer to your cheekbones as well to give a softer look than blusher. There is a strong focus on eyes and lips here you won’t need to use blusher.
5. For the lips try using an angled brush like the Mac 263 (7). Start by lining your lips with Nars Dragon Girl Lipstick (9) Fill in the whole lip to create a soft base and blot with a tissue. Then go over the lip again with the 263 Mac brush saturated in Mac Russian Red Lipstick (8) By applying the lipstick with this brush you can get the precision line that takes the look to a more sophisticated level. Use the edge of the brush against the edge of your lip to create the perfect out line and then fill the lip in the middle.
The left model’s lips look matte so I would just blot the lips once more with a tissue and they would be perfect. The right model’s lips however look more glossy. Add a tiny bit of lip balm to the centre of the lip for this effect. Avoid using gloss all over the entire lip as it will cause lipstick to bleed. By adding it only to the very centre of the lip your makeup will last longer.
6. Lastly fill in your eyebrows with your product of choice and spritz a face mist like Caudilie Beauty Elixir over your skin to freshen up the matte finish and give it a slight glow.
Don’t be afraid to try out this look! A red lip is ideal for Christmas Weddings!
photos and dresses by Sewdress.com
As always, I’d recommend brides have a trial with a professional make up artist before going it alone as they can help you discover what products will work best for your specific skin type and face shape. If you decide to go the DIY wedding make up route just make sure you (or one of your bridesmaids/friends) have lots of practice runs before the big day!
Thanks so much to Tabby for sharing this tutorial with us today. This look is not for the faint hearted (remember to go easy on the silvery-grey shimmer) but there’s no denying the show- stopping appeal of a bride with a bold red lip!